Creative Director New York, NY
Award-winning creative thought leader with a collaborative spirit
and 15 years of experience bringing products and ideas to life.
PACKAGING · BRANDING · INNOVATION · ADVERTISING · DIGITAL
Strengths in: Bold creative leadership, strategic rebranding, copywriting,
product innovation, brand campaign implementation across multiple
media platforms, defining the white space, design team management.
HONEST TEA | Creative Director | 2010-2015 | Reports to the CEO
· Five years as a top marketing leader with a creative team, building substantial company growth.
· Leadership of deep visual design strategy and development for packaging, video advertising, innovation, digital marketing campaigns, field activations.
· Built and managed a creative department with a team of designers and media specialists, working closely with industrial designers on new packaging development, overseeing the R&D budget, and conducting extensive research.
· Maintained an “agency within a company” internally, while managing partnerships with top creative agencies.
· Major projects include bottled Tea and Ade line refresh in 2011, Honest Kids re-branding in 2012, and Honest Fizz, a new soda line in 2013.
· Developed over 60 new packaging items, bringing to life 6 new or rebranded product lines.
· Oversees out-of-home, POS and retail artwork development and execution.
· Original concept for 2013 national commercial video “If it’s not real, it’s not Honest.”
· Balancing stakeholder input from members of the advisory counsil, and colleagues at Coca-Cola in an effort to build the brand’s mainstream appeal while maintaining substantial growth.
Michael Kravit Inc. | Founder and Lead Creative | 2009-2010
Launched in D.C. as an all-purpose creative design firm, specializing in cause-marketing. Clients: Honest Tea, Energy Action Coalition, The DC Project, Groundswell, 1Sky, Young Invinsibles, National Wildlife Foundation.
From Washington Life Magazine:
“In Washington, many often forget that being green isn’t reserved for those walking the halls of Congress. As a hot new Washington-based graphic designer, Kravit is churning out the latest in eco-friendly, sustainable designs. From producing posters and programs for the District’s biggest conventions... his commitment to style and sustainability have landed him at the intersection of all things green in Washington.” -10 Green Warriors You Need to Know, April 2010
Powershift ‘09, a project of Energy Action Coalition
Creative Director | Fall 2008- Spring 2009
Design directed the annual 10,000 person event at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in DC. Resulted in the largest environmental lobby day in history.
T Salon & T Emporium
Creative Director | 2007-2009
Developed packaging 250 unique products along with the visual support for the buildout of eco friendly retail locations in New York and Los Angeles.
The L Magazine
Art Director | August 2003 – January 2007
As an early team member, helped build the visual identity of the events guide that has grown to be the largest independent free publication in New York City.
Bachelor of Arts, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA (2003) High Honors, Cum Laude, Fine Arts Concentration
Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland (2001-2002)
Pont-Aven School of Art, Pont-Aven, France (June 2002–July 2002)
New York Studio School, New York, NY (June 2001 – August 2001)
Coca-Cola Situational Management and Leadership, Atlanta, GA (2011)
BEST NEW PACKAGING, NEXTY (No Evil Foods – Comrade Cluck)
Nielsen Design Impact Award, THE DIELINE AWARDS (HONEST TEA)
Global Packaging Design Awards – Honest Lemonade, Beverage World
Global Packaging Design Awards – Honest Kids Juice Packs, Beverage World